How To Become A Child Movie Extra
We ask that anyone under 16 is signed up with a parent or guardian’s contact details. If you’re also applying to be an adult background artist / movie extra yourself, please use a different email address to your child’s application. However, if you’re registering more than one child, please use a different email for each child.
- Enter your child’s details into our online application system.
- After receiving an email from us, set a password for that profile.
- Log back into our booking system. Then make advanced changes to your child’s profile, at your leisure. Add more skills, photos, work permit details (e.g. PPSN) etc..
- We store your information securely. All future bookings as a supporting artist on movie and TV sets, as well as payment for your child’s services, will be performed via this online portal.
A Few Tips For Your Child’s Application To Become A Movie & TV Extra:
- Two clear and recent photos are crucial. They do not need to be professional.
- Do not submit black and white photos.
- Do not wear sunglasses, hats, or use filters for the head & shoulders shot.
- Take the full length photo against a plain background – the back of a bedroom door or wall is fine; we just need to see the person clearly.
- Take a few minutes (and a tape measure!) to correctly capture your child’s body measurements. This is because It’s critical we have the proper measurements on our system, so we can match each child to the correct roles. There’s no right number; we want all shapes and sizes!
We appreciate, by necessity, that there’s a lot of personal information on the application form. This is all held on a secure server. Bank details are required when joining so that Celtic Casting can pay you when hired. We do not take any payment from you.
Your child’s proof of right to work as a movie extra in Ireland is ESSENTIAL. After we book them for their first job, you must upload an image of their passport (or proof of right to work in Ireland, e.g. PPSN) to the “ID Documents” section of their profile.